Thursday, April 13, 2006

What Power

Jon and I usually read a chapter of the Bible together before bed...right now we're in 2 Samuel. But last night, Jon randomly picked 1 Timothy 2 to read. Vs. 8 really struck me. The context is in the instructions for worship. It gives directions for prayer, then for men and women. As we were reading, we came across this powerful verse that we've read, I'm sure, a million times. But this time, it really stuck out to me.

"I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing."

What a powerful challenge and vision. Men EVERYWHERE, united in prayer, and full of humble, gracious peace. What a blessing that would be! As we pray for our men-- for their fellowship, accountability, and sharpening-- what a guide we have! This is the heart of God (among many other things) for men in worship! Thank you Jesus for your Word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat!! Thank you for bringing what you have learned to us!!! And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I praise the Lord for blessing us with YOU for the past 21 years!! I hope this day is everything you wanted and more!!!! I love you!!!!

P.S. Be watching the mail!!! :)

Linds