Although we did toy with the idea of never returning from FL, we did, in fact, decide to come home. The visit was great and we had so much fun with the Smiths! (Remind us, we still owe them money.) We'll update pictures later.
We're now 6wks from Baby Estes' scheduled arrival!! Woohoo! The days have become longer... my feet now consistently stay double their pre-pregnancy size and, boy, am I tired. I always believed that my feet would swell, but I NEVER believed that my shoes wouldn't fit! I mean really!! Even my flip-flops leave indentions! I have resorted to some bright pink slippers that go great with EVERY outfit...especially at work. :0) Thankfully swollen feet and sleepy eyes are the worst of it. No back pain so far and I'm still sleeping quite comfortably. Praise the Lord!
A massage therapist friend advised me yesterday that Jon is no longer allowed to rub my feet! Oh no! I guess he's off the hook. The reason is because apparently there's a certain area of the foot that, if rubbed the right way, can induce labor! So, I've made the executive decision that in 3 weeks Jon can get back to rubbin'! Let's bring this baby into the world!
Heather, everyday I am tempted to call you and ask for your labor-inducing shake. In submission to my husband, I have not. However, we give you permission to release the recipe on August 23rd! Please have it ready...no matter where you are and what you're doing. Keep the recipe on a notecard in your purse...or better yet, tape it to your Sonic cup...write it on your children's foreheads...whatever you have to do, I'll be desperate. :0)
Really though, it's just so hard to wait! We are so excited to hold him and love him. What a precious gift!
Baby Estes' name is still a secret. I know, I know, you're all DYING to know! But it's well worth the wait. He's already got a great name...get excited! Any guesses???
Also, I have teased Jon that perhaps the FOUR sonograms we had were wrong and really it's a girl. That girl wouldn't have a name for 3 days! We've never been able to decide on one. So give us your best. Any girl names to suggest? All we have now is Petunia. And clearly that won't work.
Alright. The pictures will come soon...give us a few days. Until then... Chao.
5 comments:
Hmmm...guesses for the baby's designated name...maybe "Everything" like as in your blog address??? Is that a hidden hint?! J/k! Although, that would be really funny when someone asked what his name was, and he would have to honestly reply with..."Everything, Everything Estes."
So...if we guess, will you tell us if we are right? I love guessing games!
I am going to start off with Ethan becuase is fits well with Estes.
And...I can't wait to see pics from Florida!
I can hardly wait for that precious baby either!!! My eyes well up just thinking about holding him soon!!!
filled with so much love for all 3 of you,
aunt mare
Everything! I love it! But I have this funny feeling that Jon just might not love it QUITE as much.
Here's the deal, we'll tell you if you're right when Baby Estes is born. How about that!?!
And Yea! for aunties! We love them! I can't wait to be one! woohoo!
Sally
Don't worry, Sally...
I've got the recipe memorized. My babies were all born on command!
I won't talk about my thoughts about natural birth...I've done both...the epidural and birth, concentration camp style...
But you go for it!!!
It won't be long! Can't wait to see this little guy. I think you are naming him something that starts with a J.
Heather
Born on Command? I love it!
Concentration Camp style? So sad! Your implications are enough to make me think you'd discourage any one in their right mind to avoid natural. But I could be WAY off. :0)
Does this J business about the baby name have to do with your family obsession with repetitive lettering? Um yeah, that's what I thought.
Post a Comment