Saturday, February 02, 2008

Two Stories to Share

Story #1
I want to be a great mom. I really do. But sometimes you just have to cave...for relationship, for practicality, for fun. Nothing has made me more aware of this than being in this country!! Some of the things I allow Jude to do, I assured myself I wouldn't let happen until AT LEAST my THIRD child!
The other day we were at my neighbor's house and I was turned around playing with her two boys. While I wasn't looking, my neighbor passed Jude a great big HUNK of chocolate. I turned around and...well...I forced myself to bite my tongue. Here's a picture of the specimen in his hand. And this was after he'd eaten a portion of it!
So I laughed to myself, and OF COURSE I took him back to our house to take some cute pictures!! He LOVED that chocolate! This face says, "I'm trying not to act too happy. Mom might notice and take my chocolate away!"
Jude's sad face after I took the chocolate away... I'm such a mean momma!

Story #2
This morning I was making pancakes while Jon did the dishes and our delightful little child was content enough to play in his room by himself! This is a recent development that we appreciate very much!
But every once in awhile when things are a little "too" quite, we go check on him. And this time I was a little too late! Here is what I found...At first glance this doesn't look all that bad. Thanks to the white comforter, you can't see ALL the BABY POWDER he poured out on it! Needless to say, the room smelled VERY fresh!Our brown boy was suddenly VERY white!!

We are glad to share our little one with you! Hope you enjoyed the pics!

9 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

Yes, we Moms of four LAUGH at you Moms of 1. I remember when I was you...Emma led a very different life than the others. Treston...well...the chocolate came long ago. But you guys are precious! I adore the pics!
jenn

Birdies said...

I'm lovin' it!!! Jude, you are such a character!! I especially LOVE the second pic of you!

Thanks for giving us a glimpse in the life of this little one! I can't wait to find out what you're having next! I think Jude needs a brother to make your life even more fun!!

You're right, Sal!! Jude and Grace have many facial similarities!! Except the skin tone. Maybe Jude was putting the powder on himself to look even MORE like Grace - as white as white can be!

Each of us loves each of you!

Lindsee Lou said...

TOO stinkin' funny! I love it. And I am loving the constant updates! :) My mom and I are both laughing out loud!

Love you!!!! Keep the stories/pictures/updates/memories coming!!

Linds

Jenny said...

Well our sweet Jude is just ever so busy! :) What a little man he is! Love him, love you. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

xoxoxooxxoooo
Jen

The Trombleys said...

How fun!! Way to go Jude! You need to keep your momma and daddy as busy as can be! I am so glad to see you are such a happy child!

We love you soooooooo much! Chloe would love to share some chocolate next time too!

Kisses and hugs!
mary

Laredoian said...

He is WAY too cute! Love you guys and thanks for the updates!

Erin

Carpio Family said...

I too love the pictures, You guys looks great. Congrats on the baby on the way! We are so excited for you both.
-Kaylene

John and Joanna said...

Just a precious, busy boy!!! I love the updates, and seeing him in action!

I miss ya'll!!

John and Joanna said...

Oh my word :) Too funny!!

Jude i just want to squeeze those cheeks...you're precious sweet thang!!!

Love you forever!!
Jo