Since I last wrote, we've been busy busy busy. Between a stomach virus and a visa reset trip, things have been crazy around here!
Here's a few quick pics of a pretty, pretty place called Malta! It's nestled away on the Mediterranean between Europe and N. Africa. I'm sure you recognize the name...it's where Paul was shipwrecked! And I must say, he picked a great place to be stranded!!
We spent 3 days in Malta and finally got to see some GRASS after living for almost 4 months without it!! Jude also experienced his very first Happy Meal from (you guessed it) McDonald's! I must say he didn't really enjoy the confinement of the play gym! He preferred running around (seemingly) chasing the wind!
This trip was built into the program here in a sense, but we were sure thankful to have break from the culture and language studies! It was so nice to speak English!! (Malta was a British colony or something like that.)

Talk about a family picture! It's ones like this that don't matter what the people look like or if their eyes are closed, etc...it still gets framed!! All that matters is that the three of us are in front of such a beautiful site! We accidentally stumbled upon this view at the Dingli Cliffs. I seriously think they should change the name!! How unfitting!

Somewhere along the way, my husband, Mr. "I Have no Creative Talent", turned into quite the amateur photographer!! This is a pic Jon snapped of Jude and I. It's definitely my favorite! I know it's foggy, but that's the Mediterranean behind us!! My hair is crazy from the wind!

This is a lovely lean-back-and-snap-it photo! It's taken right next to the famous Blue Grotto (see below).

Sweet Love!! Here's another jewel Jon took. Only I would know this, but Jude is giving me sweet kisses in this picture!! He's looking right into my eyes! I love that Jon captured such a precious moment!

Again, Jon's skill at work! Another shot of the Mediterranean! That's an island way out there!

This is the famous Blue Grotto! You may recognize it from movies like "Count of Monte Cristo", "Troy", and "Alexander". Interesting note: There are two smudges toward the top right of the picture (don't worry you won't be able to see them)...but those are PEOPLE. How's that for a lesson in HUGE!? I just wish this picture did justice!

Delightful eh? He makes us look so serene. This pic reminds me of the photos that come in the frame when you buy it! ...except of course much more beautiful!!!


Glory!!! Look at these beautiful colors! What a gift from Heaven! I love what my friend
Joanna says, "Can you believe we're all under the same BIG sky??" Our God is so BIG!!

Ok. So I just HAD to add this one. We should be all cute and smiley. We should be taking the family photo of a life time. And Jon gets this call...on an island far, far away from who knows who!! Ha! You could just add so many hilarious captions below this picture!! Like... something about the lottery or becoming president. Something funny.
So two items of note:
Mr. Trombley! I hope our picture taking was satisfactory!! We didn't JUST take pictures of the scenery!! People too!!
Kaye/ Aunt Tay-Tay! Thanks for encouraging me/ manipulating me into posting these pics! Enjoy! We love you!
4 comments:
How absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you feel so refreshed and rejuvenated after that experience! I felt the L.rd just looking at the pictures! How glorious!
Your sweet family pictures are precious to us. I am so thankful Jude has such wonderfully loving parents. It's easy to see how much he loves you!!!
Good picture-taking, Jon!!
Thanks for posting!!
Love to you all!
Mary
Wow, Sally! Those are beautiful pictures, and I totally recognized those rocks from the Count of Monte Cristo. Thanks so much for sharing! You guys look great, and I'm glad you had a little time away. I hope you're rested and rejuvenated!
Such a beautiful place for such beautiful people. We're glad you were able to rest and relax. Y'all captured some really great pictures.
You are always in our hearts and thoughts.
We love you,
Pops and Grammie
I personally think Jon has always been a photographer at heart. I do. I really do. Tell him that.
Maybe he should take it up as like a 10th job or something!
The pictures are fabulous. Keep em' coming!
Love y'all!
Huge hugs from Texas. (That's because everything is bigger in Texas!)
Linds
Post a Comment