Here's an easy breezy recipe named for it's similar flavor to Chicken Enchiladas, but instead of tortillas it's served with whole wheat pasta! Jude (age 2) ate this up and even asked for more!
Chicken Pastaladas
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into 2 in strips, use scissors- it's easier!)
- chopped onion & bell pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of onion soup w/ 1 cup milk (OR 1 packet onion soup prepared w/ 2 cups of milk, instead of water)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- shredded cheese (optional)
- whole wheat pasta spirals
(For those who are wondering, I brought taco seasoning with me from the States!)
11 comments:
Sounds pretty yummy! We will definitely try it! Miss you Sally!
mmm! This recipe sounds yummy!
This is another one of your inventions, isn't it? You failed to share that part. It sounds delicious!!
(Guess what, Sal! One of my Kraft magazines suggested the idea of adding dry Koolaid to cookies or cupcakes! They are like 15 years behind you on this idea!)
love you,
mary
Oh Mary! You're SO funny!
Bet that's the last time you mock one of my creations, huh? Even way back when I was a genius in the kitchen. Ha!
I love you bunches and bunches.
Lemme know if your precious tot likes it too. I'm curious as to whether or not my kid is just a TexMex fiend...
Mmmm. TexMex. Can't wait for the real thing!
Sal
P.s. Miss you too Emo!
I was wondering about the taco seasoning...
Thank you for the detailed recipe. I'm definitely the kind who needs to follow strict instructions. When I read Heather's blog about that I totally thought of the many conversations you and I have had while swapping recipes.
I love you!
Do you remember Gerbert??
(Think real hard.)
It was on TV today and I thought of you.
Also our pa.tor quoted Alan Alda from M.A.S.H. last Sunday... I thought of you then, too.
Sweet memories.
Yummy yum!! You're so creative...you make good use of the resources at hand!! Have you tried making flour tortillas yet? Aunt Suzanne has a good recipe for those.
Love you, sweetie-pie!!
This looks like a yummy recipe I'll have to try. Thanks!
I also brought taco seasoning from the States...and I have some onion soup packets I was looking forward to doing something with (also brought from the States).
Bless you guys!
Kaye,
Yes, I wrote this recipe with measurers like you in mind! MUWAH!
For the life of me I can't remember Gerbert!! I'll have to look into it! And OH the good ole days of late nights and M*A*S*H!! We were probably the only two high school girls on the planet who watched that show!!
I LOVE YOU!
Sally
P.s. I changed the recipe. Make sure you take note!
Made it! Love it! So yummy!!! :)
Miss you all!
Post a Comment