Saturday, January 03, 2009

Four Years and Counting- Still Feels Like Home


Thanks Sweetie. I have to say you beat me to it! I love you, I love you, I love you!! I know better now more than ever the power behind those words!!

"Feels Like Home"
Somethin' in your eyes, makes me wanna lose myself
Makes me wanna lose myself, in your arms

There's somethin' in your voice, makes my heart beat fast

Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life


If you knew how lonely my life has been
And how long I've been so alone

And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along

And change my life the way you've done

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me

It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong


A window breaks, down a long, dark street

And a siren wails in the night

But I'm alright, 'cause I have you here with me

And I can almost see, through the dark there is light


Well, if you knew how much this moment means to me
And how long I've waited for your touch
And if you knew how happy you are making me

I never thought that I'd love anyone so much

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me

It feels like I'm all the way the back where I come from

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong


At our wedding we danced to this song.
I thought I knew what Home felt like.
I thought the love we had was at its climax.
Oh, how I was wrong!!
Now that we've lived and loved for four years,
traveled the world
and been so out of sorts for so long,
I've found that where ever we go--
You are Home to me.
I take my best friend to (almost) every bed I sleep in.

And you listen to my ramblings, my hurts, and my girliness.
You balance me and make me wise.
You make mistakes and admit them.
And always forgive mine so readily.

I love your love.
I'm addicted to it.
Almost as long as I've known you, you've been my very favorite.

But it's hard.
VERY hard.
Sometimes suffocatingly so.
I lay in bed with tear stained eyes and wonder how we'll make it.
But then grace sweeps over me.
and over you.
Not necessarily at the same time.
And suddenly we have perspective
that it's going to take work.
But we're committed to trying
and not giving up.
And boy is it worth it!

I love you, I love you, I love you. I love how loving you helps me grow, teaches me to depend more on Jesus than ever before.

Because all of this is about Jesus.
If I miss that, I miss everything.
I long for our kids and the world to see Him in our marriage. May His powerful love be evident in us!!
I want to love you well. I want my love to refresh your soul.

This year I'm praying for more grace in my perspective.
I want to see you and love you like Jesus does.
I don't want my idealism to fill me with disappointment.
I want grace to fill me with thankfulness.
Jesus help me!!

I love you Jon.
I love walking this road with you.
Who knows where it's leading, but I'm ready!!

I miss you sweetheart!!
(Jon left for KY yesterday and will be gone for almost a month!! We already miss him TONS!)

6 comments:

Ronda said...

Happy Anniversary, Sally! I pray this month apart goes quickly for you both. It is so hard to be away from your spouse for that length of time.

Birdies said...

..more tears..

He is good, He is sovereign.. and look, He gave you each other. Love each other for Him. Show each other His grace, His mercy. Speak truth and encourage.

Praying these things over your hearts.

Love, Kaye

The Trombleys said...

I am teary now because I just got to witness so much of your love for each other in the past few weeks. And (sob) you're just all grown up! ;) j/k (in some ways, that's really how i feel, not in a degrading way, but in a delightful way!)

But really, witnessing your marriage is special to me and I am challenged by your commitment and your connectedness and your mutual desire to see the glory of God in it rather than your own for making it work.

I love you both.

Mare

bekah said...

I have witnessed first hand how sweet the aroma of Christ is in your lives and then in your home. It is my priviledge and joy to watch and have been a part of.

The Lord is indeed good!

-Bekah

Karen said...

I ran across this link to your blog from Claire's and was just so excited to see a glimpse into your life! Joelle and I think of you often and Alison told me a few months back that you were pregnant w/ # 2!
It brings such joy to see photos of your beautiful family, and read such lovely, pure words on love. Thank you for sharing.


Love,
Karen
karenkoop@gmail.com

Sherman said...

Hi Estes'

You all may not know or remember us... but we know Jon from Sweet Eugene's ;-) and now we go to Living Hope and have been getting your updates and praying with you all! Anyhow, small world, we just rented 204 inlow from the Mize's (super sweet people) and found out that Sally lived there and saw her name written on the wall in the closet... Donald was just praising how great and sweet you (Sally) and all the other girls that lived there were... We have big shoes to fill.

Bless you guys,
Sherman (and Rachel) Watters