
Fall 2004 (Engagement Picture)
Today marks four years . . . . four wonderful years of marriage. This is a rare post (rare because I [Jon] am posting something). Special events call for special posts.
A lot has happened in four years . . .
- We both graduated college (yes, we were married at 20 and 19; both before finishing school)
- We have moved from College Station to Houston to North Africa, back to Houston, and Lord willing, to Louisville
- We have worked in the business world and cross-cultural ministry
- We have added two precious boys to our family - Jude (born in College Station) and Brennan (born in North Africa)
- We have experienced mountain tops and valley lows
- We have experienced the Sovereign Grace of a good, good God
I love you Sally! Thank you for four wonderful years! You are an excellent wife, super mom, and beautiful women of God!
Love,
Jon
A lot has happened in four years . . .
- We both graduated college (yes, we were married at 20 and 19; both before finishing school)
- We have moved from College Station to Houston to North Africa, back to Houston, and Lord willing, to Louisville
- We have worked in the business world and cross-cultural ministry
- We have added two precious boys to our family - Jude (born in College Station) and Brennan (born in North Africa)
- We have experienced mountain tops and valley lows
- We have experienced the Sovereign Grace of a good, good God
I love you Sally! Thank you for four wonderful years! You are an excellent wife, super mom, and beautiful women of God!
Love,
Jon
6 comments:
happy, happy anniversary and new year and welcome back to texas. wow, lots going on!
so excited to see you guys around. your family is precious!
have a blessed 2009!
You are precious, Jon! (And, I know you love being called precious!) She will surely cherish this! I cannot believe it's been 4 years already, it has flown by and so much has happened. I love you both. Happy Anniversary!
I have followed your blog for a couple of years without commenting, but I just had to say that you two are such an inspiration. I had never seen your engagement photo, and I was struck by how beautiful it is! Then I realized that all your photos are beautiful, and it's because of the joy that radiates from them. I am inspired that someone my own age (so young!) can be so secure and content in God's love. Your joy is evident, not only in yourselves, but also in your children. Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks for sharing! :)
~Sandra Floyd Rookey, formerly from Houston
ah!!! so sweet!!! can't you guys move back?? how are you doing?? walking isn't the same without you, Sally!
What? You have been married four years? That is so crazy! Jon, your so sweet! Sally is going to love this post! I love that ya'll are married and your precious family. God is doing big things through ya'll...wish we lived close!
Love,
EM
I cry because He has been so good to bring you to this place.. 4 years of growth, 4 years of dependence, 4 years of joy, 4 years of being with your best friend!
I love you both!
Kaye
Post a Comment