Saturday, August 22, 2009

Grammie Wuz Here

I'm giggling at the title. My mom is SO un-ghetto. I remember growing up (sorry mom!) when she would dance, I'd just ROLL my eyes and say, "Mom, seriously! Stop!"

The craziest part is that it's coming for me! Soon my boys will be telling me that I've lost my groove...as if I ever had it.

Oh well...

So, we thoroughly enjoyed having my mom here. There was LOTS of laughter, LOTS of talking (mostly by Jude :0), and LOTS of shadowing (again, mostly by Jude). That boy just LOVES him some Grammie. She's so sweet with him and tells a GREAT story!And this is the reason she came.
That baby just looks so content in her arms. :0)

We enjoyed some breakfast at the famous Lynn's Paradise Cafe. Apparently Lynn beat out Bobby on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay"!You can tell by the decor that Lynn must be quite a character.

Jude & Grammie bein' goofnuts.

There were lots of fun animals in the parking lot. And, as you can see, Jude was hyper-excited. Where do faces like this come from???
Mom & I enjoying the photo-op. Her new glasses are so cute!

We also enjoyed having daddy around a lot while my mom was here...
He even rested!!
He's gone a lot these days, so we appreciate ANY morsel of time with him!

Grammie & Pops gave Jude a Lightning McQueen bike for his birthday. It would have been a TOTAL injustice if we hadn't let at least one of them see him "open" it...and ENJOY it!For awhile, Jude's been admiring "big boys" on their bikes and has told me several times that he wants one. You can see the sense of accomplishment on his face in this picture!

Yea! Thanks Pops & Grammie for the fun gift!!
We haven't learned to ride it yet, but we're working on it all the time!Hence, why daddy is showing Jude how to ride it. Haha! :0)

Aunt KK sent fireman hats for the boys. They've been broken and taped several times since then. But Kaye, you must know they were wonderful gifts and are being well loved!
Jude INSISTS on wearing his backwards.

Brennan was having a honkin' good time! :0)

And finally, my mom & I ten years ago.
Ok, not really. But we both look so young! I just love it! :0)

We just loved our time with you Mom. You're such a treat to have around. Thanks for bringing lots of joy to our home. We can't wait to enjoy BOTH of you guys soon!

2 comments:

The Trombleys said...

I'm so glad y'all had such a great time!! I sure do miss those boys! ...and their mom and dad! We love you!!

Jules & Vern said...

It WAS a wonderful time!! But what's that about me lossing my groove? Yo momma is ALL about groove!! (Tee-hee)

Love you each and all!!
Grammie