It's been amazing letting the Lord open my heart toward him, seeing Jon for who Jesus made him. As Jesus fills my heart for Himself, my heart is filled with love for Jon. Our friend said recently--
"Our desire to minister to others is directly related to how we are letting
Jesus minister to us."
Jesus minister to us."
How true it is. Why do I neglect our marriage in times of drought? Because Jesus is my central source of love. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. If our marriage is suffering, it's usually a direct result of the scarcity of interaction between me and the Lord.
Lately, the Lord has sown in me a deep, deep love. I've realized how much I've come to trust Jon...as a best friend, husband, confidant, lover, and now as a daddy to our baby. The fruit of Jesus' love in us has been love between us.
Am I ministering to Jon? Well, you can ask him. ;0)
It's been a choice. A self-denying choice. But the fruit has been JOY...exceeding JOY. And I am so thankful that he is mine. :0)
1 comment:
Post a Comment