Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Joys (Girls' Weeked and Crawling!)

**If you're just stopping by for Jude Videos, scroll to the bottom of the post. :0)
Here we are!
We've been busy, busy, busy with support raising in Houston and have enjoyed time with our families and new and old friends! Jude has been such a blessing from the Lord. He has successfully switched to a 10pm-10am sleep schedule to accommodate our evening meetings with potential supporters for our ministry in missions!
We've just been so thankful for where the Lord has us and the people He has brought into our lives! We're learning to trust Him more everyday (with some stubbornness) and are praying to be on the field by October! Only He can do it!
Here's a little recap of our last month or so...

The weekend of my birthday, my wonderful husband
gave me an amazing gift!
A Jude-less Girls' Weeked!!!
See...no baby pictured here!
That's right, no Jude! Jon kept Jude for a full 48 hrs so I could relax and enjoy my girlfriends who, in the span of a year will be scattered about the country (and world)! This was the 2nd Annual Girls' Weeked and we sure did have a blast!!!
Our wonderful hosts were Jen & Grant (pictured below) in good ole Baton Rouge.
We enjoyed so many laughs and so many tears. We spoke truth and encouraged each other. See, we're all going through big life changes. We are learning contentment as we're all headed in different directions, some leaving family and friends, and some staying here watching them leave. But God is faithful and we are so blessed!!
I am so thankful for these special treasures in my life. We sure are a good match.
God has given me so much JOY because of them!!
Happy Girls.
Me, Linds, and JoVanna.

We just don't have an ounce of silliness or drama in us!
Jen and I imitating ourselves in a not-so-successful-photoshoot.

One indication that your purse is too big--
if by the end of your shopping trip you need a shoulder rub and nap!!
Joanna and her cute-yet-not-so-functional purse!
Just for the record, I did NOT carry a purse for this shopping trip and I had BOTH hands free for shopping! This was a well enjoyed little treat!

I don't have a picture for this one, but I must say thanks to my sweet friends that bought me my first pair of GREAT jeans since Jude was born! This means I was essentially jean-less for 7 months people. Wow. It's amazing that I survived. Thank you ladies for my special jeans!

Lindsee (aka Momma Long Arms) took most of our close-ups.
and finally, we enjoyed the 2nd Annual misspelled Girls' Weeked Funfetti cake!!
Okay, answer me this: Why, on a GIRLS' weekend aren't we eating CHOCOLATE for our annual dessert???Next year is Montana '08!!!
Judging by the looks of things, there just might not be much shopping... ;0)
******************
So, at the end of this super great weekend, I kissed my baby and my wonderful husband and praised the Lord for great friendships, a retreat to refresh, laughter, and my favorite two men in the world.

THEN....

The next day it began.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Yep, he's CRAWLING!!
I'm so thankful I was here to see it!!

This boy has SO much personality!! He's started yelling while he's eating. I'm not quite sure what he's trying to tell us...but he gets really worked up between bites. Here he is!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

10 comments:

Jon and Sally said...

I just noticed that the sound and video aren't in sync...
Just think of it as one of those old Japanese flicks...except Korean. :0)
-Sally

The Trombleys said...

Thanks for updating us, Sal, Jon & Jude! I am so glad to see Jude in motion! I can't wait to give him a big hug!

love,
aunt mare

Jenny said...

Thank you for updating!! I am so glad you got some jeans. It made my heart so happy! Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Just realized you could leave comments on here! Jude is adorable and it looks like your life is full or so much love and joy! How exciting! Fill me in on what sort of mission you guys are looking into - I would love to know where you might be! Much love and many blessings to you and your sweet family.

Lindsee Lou said...

So, I absolutely CANNOT believe you put THAT picture of me on your blog for the whole World Wide Web to see. You DID have a picture of your new jeans, you just didn't put it up there. Oh, but you put that one of me up there.

Your crazy, Sally! Just crazy.

On another note: Thank you for updating!!

Linds

Jon and Sally said...

Jancie!! I need some way to contact you! Could you send it to me? jonandsallyestes@yahoo.com

Linds!! What's wrong with that picture?? Yep, I did have a picture, but I just was not a view I want the world to see! I love you GORGEOUS!

-Sally

Shanna said...

Sally--I'm so jealous! I'm going to show Michael this new post RIGHT now! ;> Actually, he does a great job with Jonathan but a whole weekend! Tell Jon I said props for that one! I love the new videos of Jude...too cute, too cute!
Shanna

Anonymous said...

hello you cute little family!!
this is courtney, joshs almost-wife. i think its about time you know i stalk you via blog (but soon we will start a roberts family blog so you can stalk us too!). im really sad i missed breakfast the other morning with yall, but josh said you will be coming to visit us, so thats great! you are welcome anytime! im looking forward to getting to know yall & one adorable little baby more soon!
courtney almost-roberts

Jon and Sally said...

Courtney!
Good thing you fessed up, cause I was getting suspicious! JK. We'll totally stalk you...I mean, uh, read your blog. ;0)
We're so excited about coming to spend some time with you but we were sad about you not coming to bfast!
Hope the wedding is WONDERFUL! You've got an amazing road ahead of you!
-Sally.

Jennifer Bacak said...

Good to see your faces, Estes'!
We have seriously missed you at HOPE group!
How fun to see your girlfriends.
I love the kind of friends that you get together and smoosh your faces close for pictures...those are your real girlfriends. The one you pose stiffly next to...they're your semi-friends. :)
Your link is fixed on my blog, so I will be back more often!
jenn