(Be warned...this is a long post! I just didn't want the Estes fam to miss out on picture downloads!!) (We can file this one in the "for grandparents" category!)
We had such a great time while Jon's family was here! Jude caught on to their names weeks before they came, so he was fully prepared to run around the house saying, "Paw-Paw, Tce-Tce, and Def". Yea!
We had such a great time while Jon's family was here! Jude caught on to their names weeks before they came, so he was fully prepared to run around the house saying, "Paw-Paw, Tce-Tce, and Def". Yea!
(Yes those are ancient ruins we're sitting on. ...from the Martyrs' days.)
(This pic really has a HILARIOUS story. We took 3 of these pictures and then disbanded. After reviewing them, we realized we all had our sunglasses on. So we regrouped to take yet ANOTHER photo (Jon was so thrilled). But SOMEHOW Jon missed the memo of WHY we were taking ANOTHER picture and kept his sunglasses on!! After this, we gave up. Mostly bc the boys thought I was being ridiculous! ;0)
I'll let you guess who this is!
(Jon doesn't like photo shoots...and this was photo #6, I think.
He's just SO hard to read, isn't he?)
Here are some of Ray and Jude playing together!


The horse in the book was "biting" Paw-Paw's finger. Jude just thought it was hilarious!!
You can see now why Jude likes this guy!
The first night Jeff & Ray (Carol came a bit later) were here, Jude got acquainted quickly! Here he is just laughing and laughing with PawPaw!!
Jude was kind of Paw-Paw's shadow (and CeCe's too). If Ray sat in a chair and got up, he'd go sit in it and say "Paw Paw". Or after CeCe napped on the couch, Jude laid down in her place and said "Tce-Tce". So fun! He just so enjoyed having them around! And it wasn't just Jude that enjoyed their time here!
The first night Jeff & Ray (Carol came a bit later) were here, Jude got acquainted quickly! Here he is just laughing and laughing with PawPaw!!
Jeff also brought Jude some cool "unkie Def" style clothes. Here he is showing them off.
(it doesn't bother him that he's drooling),
emo style.
(Those Chuck Taylor's he's wearing are from Unkie Def too.)
(You can notice in the background that I finally
got my pillows covered for my couch! Hooray!)
We got to see a good bit of the touristy areas around us, which we hadn't done before. We both agreed that we wouldn't pay lots of money to come visit this place JUST to see those tourist sights. Spend your money on another cool country, if that's what you're looking for... Unless of course you're coming to see US! In that case, there's lots to do...like talk, and hug, and love on us!
A few cool places though...
like... Bardo Museum (it's in our neighborhood)
where there are TONS of restored mosaics and cool ruins.
Here's Jeff, Jon, and Ray (Jon's Dad) together.
Jeff. Um, being funny.
The U.S. World War II Cemetery
There are over 3,000 soldiers buried here.
In our entire country, this place reminds me of the U.S. the most, which I guess makes sense. Anyway, there was GRASS...and it was GREEN, and everything was CLEAN...no trash, no dirt, no grime. The bushes were groomed and flowers were PLANTED (instead of weeds flowers).
It felt like home!
Here we are enjoying the national dish of our country...Couscous! If you haven't had my neighbor's couscous, you just haven't had good couscous!!
Ok. Jude was just a total hoot this night! He was just so wound up, we laughed and laughed!! Enjoy the video!
I had to throw in one of me and Jude!
And last but not least, Jon and Jude enjoying a fun book my parents sent Jude way back at Christmas! How appropriate! This kid loves him some Daddy!!
Here's the deal. My b-day was last Sunday, but after this crazy long post, I'm just too pooped to do another. Pics will come later. :0)
P.s. Get ready to hear about our new baby's name. I'm so excited!!!
where there are TONS of restored mosaics and cool ruins.
Here's Jeff, Jon, and Ray (Jon's Dad) together.
There are over 3,000 soldiers buried here.
In our entire country, this place reminds me of the U.S. the most, which I guess makes sense. Anyway, there was GRASS...and it was GREEN, and everything was CLEAN...no trash, no dirt, no grime. The bushes were groomed and flowers were PLANTED (instead of weeds flowers).
It felt like home!
Ok. Jude was just a total hoot this night! He was just so wound up, we laughed and laughed!! Enjoy the video!
Here's the deal. My b-day was last Sunday, but after this crazy long post, I'm just too pooped to do another. Pics will come later. :0)
P.s. Get ready to hear about our new baby's name. I'm so excited!!!
8 comments:
Oh my goodness... there's just too much to say about this post!
My heart is so blessed to see Jude surrounded with family that LOVES him!
Thank you Paw-Paw, Tce-Tce, and Def for all the hugs, kisses and laughs you shared with Jon, Sal, and Jude!!! Thank you for loving on them for everyone over here!
I love y'all! Kaye
P.S. Y'all look so stylish in all your photos!! I absolutely love the first family pic!
And Def Jude looks absolutely adorable in his new outfit!! Too cute!!
That little Jude melts my heart! He is just PRECIOUS!!! I wanna kiss his cheeks! I think he looks so much like you, Sal. Honestly, I see your mouth and nose from when we were little ones :)
I can't wait to hear about the name of your new wittle guy!
Love ya'll
Jen & Grant (who are moving to Houston, in case you didn't see that yet!!)
Great post, Sally! I'm not even family, and I loved all the pictures. Thank you for sharing! You look great by the way. And the tease at the end is killing me...I can't wait to hear the name!!! Don't keep us hanging long, please!
Hugs,
Erica
Jude, you look absolutely studly in those new clothes! Such a big man!
I love looking at the pictures over and over! It looks like y'all had a lovely time together!
I hope you got my skype about our little one, about our appointment this past week. :) if not, let me know.
I can't wait to find out WHO is coming in August!
Love you all!!
Mary
I was about to show Grace the video of Jude going wild and crazy and so I point to the screen to direct her attention. Well, before you press play, the video shows Jude on his hands and knees. So Grace starts slapping her leg and barking like a dog.
That was the first name calling between our children. Sorry, Jude. It will never happen again.
NOT just a post for grandparents...I loved every pic.
Thanks for posting!!! It made me miss y'all more. I wish we could come visit!
jenn
Oh, and Sally, I LOVE the new header on your blog! It's awesome!
jenn
Mom alerted me to these adorable pictures/videos, and she's right - Jude is great! Was he signing "more" as he said it? That's always been one of Natasha's favorite signs. The dancing is a habit of hers, too! She started with hip swinging before she could walk, then on to quick stepping, then stomping, then spinning, then REALLY quick prancing (like Jude) more recently. Toddlers are so much fun!
Post a Comment