
this year is to me
a story
of sorts
a medley
of mourning
and mending.
Not just peeling back
but
tearing
aching
bleeding.
the kind of pain that makes you feel your heartbeat.
cowardly
i shook my fist at You.
i begged You to make it stop.
i idolized the pleasantness of peace.
please Jesus.
please.
i wanted relief
more than
i wanted You.
and
then,
as a last resort
i clung to You
knuckles white.
i leaned in
desperate to hear
that pulse
so steady
so quiet.
and slowly
ever so
slowly
i felt
Life
course through my veins
and awaken me
to rich
shameless
dependency.
i saw myself as i was
so broken
so at the mercy of my own
failure
my own emotion
my own irrationality.
and then i saw You.
so able
so ready
not resenting me for my need
not dragging your feet
but so unmistakably ready to love
and undeniably strong enough
to fix me.
to heal me.
and now
here i am
leaving this place
with scars
with delightfully shameful reminders
of what was
and what You did
only by mercy
to change me.
i'm leaving this place
with a heart
full of love
full of joy
full of a desperate awareness
that YOU
are all i have.
so here's to hope.
here's to You not giving up on me.
here's to a beautiful turnaround.
a glorious, merciful turnaround.
7 comments:
Beautiful words, Sally. I'm thankful to have witnessed this process in you. I'm grateful to our Lord for taking you thru it; He was walking with you. It was a good place to be despite the difficult lessons, and you have been teachable. Your experience will enable you for future work and ministry. You are beautiful to me more than your words. I love you.
Mama
Write a book, write a poem, write something. Enough said.
You have a serious writing gift, sister! :)
=) I love this!
I love the picture of Jude, too. He's precious.
i identify with your words; different experience, but same applicable words. thank you for writing your heart. You are so good at translating your heart onto paper. I can't wait to hear you sing again. :) I love you and am praying for your travels.
funny thing.... the word verification below says "urest". i know i need to...
I would like to agree with Lindsee...write something:)
I love you and it was SO GOOD to see you and your sweet babies!
Em
So, I must confess that I'm really excited you're going to be in Houston for awhile. I'd really like to get together with you (after the holidays, of course) and pick your brain about toddler boy questions! Can't wait to see you! Shanna
hi sally,
i found you through Lindsee's blog and her through LPM... this writing is beautiful. i'm praying to want Him more than relief. i pray blessings upon you!
::Taylor
Post a Comment