Monday, April 27, 2009

Life is Blooming


So, this ALWAYS overwhelms me- which is why I haven't written in ages. I keep thinking how am I EVER going to have the time to sit down and write out all we've done lately?

Really. How???

'Cause I don't have ANYTHING else I'm doing!

But with some good ol' fashioned commitment I'm really going to try to post regularly! Thanks for stickin' with me!

So...with that said...


Things are a-changin' here in Estesville. For one thing, we've moved to Louisville, KY!!

And can I just say, it's BEAUTIFUL! This place must be where Green was Invented! The trees are in GORGEOUS hues, and we've even got white & pink dogwood trees!

These trees are in our yard & across the street. We've got tulips & daffodils budding everywhere!
Not to mention precious little children (more on that in the next post, promise)!I told Jude that his Grammie had asked for pictures of the pretty flowers in our yard.
And these were his poses for her! So sweet!
This face cracks me up!!
Ok. So these pics didn't do justice to the flowers, but at least the kid's cute!
And for the record, these flowers changed color the longer they were in bloom. They are a gorgeous violet color now!

This whole time I've been so unexposed! Did God neglect Texas when He was doing the whole creation thing?? Why don't we Texans have anything but bluebonnets and dead grass? ;0)

Well, the plants aren't the only thing full of life around here. We have been immensely thankful for God's mercy in the fellowship we've experienced. Although it wasn't necessarily their purpose, our friends Brandon & Bethan moved here almost 2 years ago, investing in rich relationships, and paving a path for an easy transition for us. And really, that is not something we take lightly. AT ALL. Especially after 2 years of not feeling like we really had a home or community! This feels like a Promised Land of sorts!

I've learned that this is an area that, if neglected, can tear the life out of you.

So, I guess I'm finally resting here after a long labor. I realize now that I've been avoiding even peering into my spiritual/emotional life so far. I guess I felt the need to get to a safe & stable place to unpack each piece carefully, and let the Master do some deep cleaning.

I told Jon the other day that it's hard to even articulate how I'm feeling or what needs to be healed. I just have this awareness that I need to talk through some stuff, deep ugly stuff with the Lord. I need to deal with my junk.

Well, with TONS of graciousness, Jon woke me up LATE (Hallelujah!) Friday morning and said, "Why don't you go spend the day with Lord?"

Oh. My. Heavens.

Sigh. I about hugged the life out of him.

So off I went, as he held those sweet boys in his arms.

Little did I know that the next few hours would be the most heart-wrenching, painful hours I've had in a long time. But really, it was SO rich and SO redeeming.

It was confessing, crying out, and facing so many things that I've been hiding behind and from. And God was so merciful to meet me there and, not only forgive me but embrace me and remind me of His love for me.

It's amazing how I let a little tiny lie or two in the door of my heart some 2 years ago, and they grew to dominate my pattern of thinking. They kicked down the door to my defenses and undid me.

It's amazing how quickly destruction happens, yet how LONG it takes to rebuild.

Twin Towers anyone??

So, here I am seeking again to saturate my life with Scripture! It's POWERfully healing.

I want NOTHING but the GOSPEL to lead the course of my life.

Not self.

or marriage.

or motherhood.

or time.

or busyness.

or fear.

or unintentionality.

or straight up sin.

Thank you Jesus for YOU.

and for how accessible and near You are.

and that YOU are healing me

from my wretched, sinful ways.

Your nearness is my good. It's my glorious gift. :0)

5 comments:

cristina said...

:) yay, pictures. alex said, "it's jude and jude's mommy."

i'll be praying as you "saturate [your] life with Scripture..." wonderful choice of words.

also, read the post and saw the pictures on bloglines, and when i came her to leave a comment, saw your banner shot of tunisia. what a difference, eh? God's diversity in His creation is amazing--even the dead texas grass. :)

Jules & Vern said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for these pictures!! I love getting to see your abode and surroundings. Even more, I love seeing Jude!! But where's the B-love?

I'm so glad to hear you've had some rich time with the Lord lately. It's so easy to let so many distractions keep us from drinking deeply of Him. I pray you continue on this road of refreshment.

So I'm thinking I need to get up there to see your house for myself. Pick a date!!

Love you so very much,
Mama

Jenny said...

So many things to say:

1. You are so blessed to be surrounded by such beauty! Those trees are just gorgeous.

2. I am LOVING Jude's big toothy grin! He is at such a precious age.

3. I miss you and I am so proud of you and what you are learning and experiencing.

LOVE YOU!

Amy A. said...

Amen for special time with HIM and for the Holy Spirit's work. You are beautiful Sally, inside and out. I love you.

Unknown said...

These pictures made me miss you! Is that weird? =) I think you're incredible. I thank God for you. What a blessing you are to my heart! This pictures and your words were refreshing.

Plus, I can't help it. I love your kids. Just love these photos of Jude. I love his confidence. What a testament of y'all's unconditional love for him. It's all over him.

My love!
Stef