Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I am Speed" -Lightning McQueen

Thanks to all of you who gave your input about my Blogger issues! Jon is the master of all things computer (or something like that) and got us all set up. We're back in business.

So I know you're thinking "That's enough about Texas!" But for my own pride's sake I need to revel in a moment we had.

I just love how when lots of people are standing outside in the heat, competition just begins to flow. I believe it was Jon who challenged the sisters to race (probably because he was confident that his wife would win--thanks honey)!

Off we went, barefoot on grass. It took me a bit to gain speed, but Mary was gone from the start. (She runs half-marathons. I don't.) Then, we leveled out...

So it looked like it was going to be a close call...
(that's me in the black shorts, Mary in jeans, and Kaye refereeing.
Oh and that's Ken reaching arms of compassion to an Amy who just ate it BIG time.
Ha!
(Don't hate. Even Amy was laughing thru the tears!)

But the picture below tells the whole story:
There were some debates, but in the end me & the camera knew the truth*. ;0)

Oh, and here's Amy's mortal wound:
You know that grass, it'll reach out and grab you sometimes!

Kaye somehow got out of participating under some lame excuse like having just had a baby.
Pfh! ;0)
Next time!
(*ok, ok...we decided to do a "run-off" because the finish line refs couldn't agree on who had won. )

And I just had to share some of these precious pics. Somehow they didn't make it into the mix of the 400 pictures I posted before!
Laughing with (Kaye's girlie) Gloria.

Gloria & Gracie
To me, this is SO typical of them! You'll almost NEVER find Grace in anything but a dress, and Gloria doesn't care, she's got everything taken care of. :0)
Love them!

5 comments:

Birdies said...

You got me rolling just looking at those pics of the race! If you'll notice, I'm cracking up laughing at Amy in the finish line photo. Who has the video of the finish? Is "The Fall" on it?

Oh what a memory!

Btw, I'm so thankful you love my girls!

The African Groggs said...

hey friend! you are lookin good and your sisters look just like you :) your boys are so big!!! wow...you have a different life now huh?? look at all the green grass...and target! heavenly!! still miss you here! love, reasa

The Trombleys said...

whatever!! that second pic was taken way after the race was over. we just had to run to kaye, not past her. And that first pic, which was taken at an angle that favored you, doesn't count either. I was about to run into the rocks! So re-match, Girl!! I call for a re-match!!!

BTW, what does running 1/2 marathons have to do with any of that?!?! I haven't run that fast since... oh yeah, just a few months ago when us girls raced with Rin and Amber in the street. ;) I really did win that one. :D

The Trombleys said...

also... (whisper) I don't see anything on Amy's knee in that picture. :) poor girl just wanted a reason for losing. hehe!

Jon and Sally said...

Ok. Mare. I'll give you a rematch. Just to keep the sisterly love between us!
And running half marathons has EVERYTHING to do with this race!! You're SOOOOO in shape!!
And poor Amy!!! There's a *little* bruise there! ;0)