(Psst! I added Pics of Brennan below!!)
The other night we got to do some role play.
Because Jude is grandparent-less in this country, we've had to find some ways to break some rules ourselves...cause that IS a grandparent's job, right?
So, the other night Jon & I were pulling an all nighter, editing a paper he had to turn in by 5am and Mister Jude was just havin a tough time sleepin'. So, we did what any desperate parents would and brought him to our bed. I must admit that we knew full well he was NOT going to sleep once he got there, but at this point we were weighing a good grade on a paper with one night of insanity. Needless to say, the paper won.
Well, Jude quickly found ways to get out of our bed, one of them being a cry of "hungry!" Seriously, as a parent what are you supposed to do when a kid pulls this trick, starve them?? So as I was beginning to comply, Jon says, "Go ahead. Give him some cake. You might as well make it fun!"
Wait.
What?
It's 3 in the morning.
Are you kidding me?
Those were my replies.
But we're learning about balancing discipline with fun.
So I submitted to my husband (with a silly grin on my face).
And I have to say I'm grateful. Here was the result:
I'll treasure this memory forever!
(in case you're wondering, the chocolate DID come out of the sheets!!)
And can I just say...?
If it really is THIS FUN,
I can't WAIT to be a grandparent!!!
6 comments:
What I would give to be there to spoil him myself!! Love and snuggle and giggle with those guys for me.
Love you all,
Grammie
What fun, Jude! You have the best parents!! (pssss....I ate some cake in the middle of the night last night too!!! :)
I love you!!
Mary
such a sweet little guy!! I want to see more! I am so glad he and Hannah are so close in age!
I have to say that story made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the good chuckle!! Miss you guys.
-jen
OK these have got to be the BEST pictures of your boys!!! Am I the only one that thought Jude's nostrils had migrated north? I LOVE that y'all spoiled Jude! Good thinking, Jon! And way to submit, Saucy!
"Ore, Ore!"
HAHA!! I just read Mary's comment! Hilarious!
Post a Comment