when I first saw you
how my heart would swell
and fill with love
what your tiny form would become
so precious, so perfect
a blend of your dad and me.
that serving you
would be
my heart's delight.
that your sweet voice
could still me and fill me
with such deep joy.
I couldn't have known
the hard days would come
so tired, so humbled
by how to raise you.
I couldn't have known
how desperately
a child
needs Jesus.
I couldn't have known
how loving you
would show me
just how much I need Jesus.
could still me and fill me
with such deep joy.
the hard days would come
so tired, so humbled
by how to raise you.
how desperately
a child
needs Jesus.
I couldn't have known
how loving you
would show me
just how much I need Jesus.
two years past
and I'm finding myself
with not quite enough words
to tell you all you are to me.
Jude
I can't tell you enough that I love you.
I can't do enough to capture memories with you.
Time is passing so quickly.
And some days I feel like I'm failing.
But I pray with my WHOLE heart that you see Him in me.
That's what all this is for.
You won't be mine forever.
But I pray you'll always be His.
I love you my little Judebug.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
and I'm finding myself
with not quite enough words
to tell you all you are to me.
I can't tell you enough that I love you.
I can't do enough to capture memories with you.
Time is passing so quickly.
And some days I feel like I'm failing.
But I pray with my WHOLE heart that you see Him in me.
That's what all this is for.
You won't be mine forever.
But I pray you'll always be His.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
13 comments:
Sally, now you understand.
Happy Birthday, Jude!!
I love you,
Grammie
Tears, tears, and more tears. (Grace helped to kiss them away.)
Sweet, sweet lovey love. I hope you enjoy the celebrations for your 2nd birthday! Know that I'm imagining you blowing out candles and your mommy and daddy clapping with great joy. And then Brennan waking up from his nap prematurely because we are hollering so loudly! Then your mommy and I cut the cake to serve all of your family surrounding you... to celebrate such a precious little man. I miss you, Jude.
I'm so thankful He continues to give us an eternal perspective. I hope you see this in your parents... that you may understand that He and His kingdom are more important than helping you blow out candles (as hard as that might be to grasp).
WE LOVE YOU, JUDE!
this made me cry.....beautifully said Sally.
Happy Birthday Mr. Jude. You are loved!
Sally!
You always make me cry! I should just go ahead and start bringing the tissue when I go to read your blog! Happy Birthday Jude! You don't know me really, but I love you!
Emily
Happy Birthday Jude!
I love to see your heart (Sally) on parenting Jude. It's an amazing, godly heart and perspective!
I love your quote - "You won't be mine forever, but I pray you'll always be His." This needs to be framed and hung on a wall! It is so beautifully written. Jude is so very blessed to have you for his mommy.
OH! That was a good cry! :)
Thank you for writing that, Sally. You captured what my heart feels and I'm sure many others. Jude's mommy is not only super fun but also commited to trusting the Lord with him and being his example. Jude is blessed with you as his mommy!!
We miss you, Jude, and hope you had a fun birthday!! Reece would have loved to come to your party! She says, "Happy to you!" :)
Happy Birthday, Jude! Don't you think it's time for another chocolate cake party in your mom and dad's bed? I think the world of you and love you!
Sal, you know what I most love about your honest, undisguised heart? It reveals words that always gently remind me, "what all this is for." Thank you.
sally, your gift with words is so powerful--thank you for sharing with us.
i pray jude treasures these words, and you of course! happy two-year mommy anniversary.
Sweet Jude, I am so excited that you are growing into such a wonderful little boy! God is good! You capture the heart of anyone who knows you, just as your parents do! I hope you had a fun day and that you enjoyed your trucks from Grammie and Pops! I heard they arrived just in time!
You are always on my heart and in my prayers, little man! I love you!!!!!
Love always,
Aunt Mary
Note to self: I should NOT read your posts while my 8th grade class of 31 is working. Tears of joy! Such a sweet post! Give him kisses for us!
Emily and Matt
Oh, Jude boy. Happy birthday pumpkin. You sure have a great mommy. I love her. And i love YOU precious one!!
this is a precious post. I love each of the pictures. You have such a beautiful son... times two! :)
Post a Comment