Monday, August 25, 2008

Snot till Ya Drop

Happy Birthday Amy!!!
So these are but TWO of the MANY faces my sister, Amy, wears!
I just LOVE how Jude is looking at her in the pic below!
She's quite the entertainer & a unique one at that! She's the only person I know who laughs so hard at her own jokes that she blows snot out of her nose...granted the rest of us are peeing in our pants, doubling over, and doing that funny silent laugh that causes violent shaking.

She's also quite the rock. I'm so thankful for her wisdom and experience that she so purposefully couples with encouragement.

Since I was a preteen I can remember seeing Amy faithfully studying the Word every morning. I'm so thankful that she is so rooted in Scripture. It truly is her firm foundation!

Amy is also a champion for the lost. She longs to see the nations redeemed!! I am surely challenged by this passion and awareness of the ones who need Him, whether it be her neighbors or the millions in a far away land!

And who can forget just HOW MUCH she LOVES her nieces and nephews!!! This girl flies over oceans and drives MANY miles to love on these babies! I know that over the years she will be a unique source of fun and laughter! They already love her so much!!

Amy, I pr that He would bear MUCH fruit in you this year as you wait on Him.
I love you and I'm so thankful that He's given you to us!
Happy Birthday Amy-zing Grace!!
(I just had to! It wouldn't be complete without that ridiculous nickname!)

5 comments:

Jules & Vern said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful gal...inside and out!!

I second the motion: Happy Birthday, Amy!!

Love you all,
Grammie/Mama/Jules

Amy A. said...

Oh Sally, I am humbled. Thanks for showing your love for me in a really cool way! That you took the time to do it is what seems so crazy to me. You have so much going on.

I love you so much and miss you tons. I thank Him for you. Thanks for the coolest birthday shout out this year!

The Trombleys said...

Ditto. ditto. ditto to everything you wrote!! You put it beautifully! We ALL love you, Amy!!

Justin and Veronica Aichele said...

You and your sister look alike. I can tell you are sisters! I'm sure you are missing her now. Check out our blog at www.theaicheles.blogspot.com. You've got a great blog!!

Love,
Veronica

Justin and Veronica Aichele said...

You and your sister look alike. I can tell you are sisters! I'm sure you are missing her now. Check out our blog at www.theaicheles.blogspot.com. You've got a great blog!!

Love,
Veronica