So, I'm ALWAYS on the look out for a HEALTHY recipe that still tastes great...which is actually more challenging than you'd think.
But, this time around I was feeling skinny and didn't spare ANY calories creating this recipe. So, eat smart in your portion size...
Here's a recipe I concocted the other night for some guests. I'm sure there's a recipe just like it out there, so I'm not claiming rights or anything. Just thought of it on the spot, and THANKFULLY it turned out to be delicious!!
I didn't actually measure any of these ingredients, so you too can feel free to adjust them.
Inviting Italian Pasta
5 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. butter
1 med. onion, chopped
8 cloves of garlic (or more to taste)
1 tsp. prepared Italian seasoning (basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic)
3 oz. cream cheese (red. fat is a GREAT option)
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream (I know, this is terrible! you could try milk instead but it may not be as rich)
1/2 c. diced fresh tomatoes
3/4 c. frozen spinach
salt & pepper to taste
pasta (linguine or bowtie will make it look more elegant)
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a LARGE pot/ skillet. Add onion, garlic, & Italian seasoning until soft & fragrant. Stirring often. Add cream cheese & cream, stirring frequently until melted. Add tomatoes, spinach, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to LOW simmer for 30 min, stirring every so often. Boil water for pasta & prepare as directed. Add cooked pasta to prepared sauce and mix thoroughly. Serve Hot.
Notes:
Feeds 6 adults.
Taste testing is always a must. Try it as you go and make sure you're on the right track.
Artichoke would be STUNNING with this recipe. Try it!
As a side, we had steamed asparagus with cayenne pepper.
Hope you love it! We sure did! EVERYONE went back for 2nds and 3rds!
1 comment:
Mmmm!! Sounds very yummy. Yea for going for full fat once an awhile!!
Post a Comment