You may be saying,
"How do you know, you only have 1 kid older than that??"
But, we moms TALK.
Anyways, this post isn't about toddlers not sleeping through the night! It's about a cute story involving my 2 something Jude.
:0)
So, as I said, Jude wakes up in the night --about twice a week these days. Who knows for what reason, maybe fear or just wanting a cuddle.
So here Mommy or Daddy go, to rescue our sweet one, whispering a prayer or just cuddling him. I've found that even as I dose off to sleep I may be stroking Jude's arm or gently rubbing his back, trying to reassure him.
Well, Jon & I are known for not being able to keep it together in the midnight hours...and I think our lil' Jude may just be taking advantage of this!
Often one of us will wake to find the other one MIA-- fallen asleep with Jude in his bed. ...guess we didn't make it through the prayer!
Well, all that to say, yesterday morning I woke up in the wrong bed again.
But instead, very pleasantly this time--
my sweet little Jude was stroking my arm
"It's ok Mommy, it's gonna be oooook. It's oook Mommmy, it's alright."
My
heart
melted.
:0)
And suddenly it hit me.
This is just a foreshadowing.
One day Jude is going to be a man. And he's going to have to take care of his lil' momma.
It was such a precious, yet worrisome thought to me!
So, for now, I'll thank the Lord for giving me the chance to teach him how to love
and to teach him how to be a man
until Jesus comes to take us home
or until it's me being comforted by my not so little guy.
:0)
7 comments:
that is so sweet Sally!!!!
I absolutely love how much you are updating :)
Mr. Jude has such a sweet, tender heart. You've raised him well, sweet friend!
All I can say..without crying is..precious...just precious!
That is so precious.
And I agree, I love these updates!
And sometimes Mommies NEED to be told it's gonna be ok.
Your mama
Everything in me doesn't want to see these kids all grown up, but I know it will happen very soon (tho in my opinion, 16 years is just too soon!). You are raising such a sweet and compassionate boy who recognizes the needs of others. My heart just aches to see you all again!! How much more will Jude-man mature and grow before then?! I love you, Jude!!!
Aunt Mare
you've always had such an amazing way with words that allows you to magnificently capture those precious moments. i'm glad to be able to read about how well my salbal is doing :)
Post a Comment